Mascara is a staple of any girls make-up bag, but unfortunately, there are some inevitable downfalls when it comes to this must-have product. Sometimes it goes on clumpy, dries out too quickly goes on your eyelid when you’ve already done your eye make-up – ain’t that the worst?!?
Don’t fret, we’ve thought of everything to remedy all your mascara dilemmas.
- Have you accidentally gotten a spot of mascara on your eyelid over your eye makeup? A dry q-tip gently used on the offending spot, and brushed back and forth slightly, will remove the mascara without removing your makeup.
- To avoid getting mascara on your eyelid altogether, put a spoon over your eyelid until you reach the lash line, it will catch all the excess.
- Has your mascara gone clumpy and gotten way too dry? Adding a few drops of saline solution to the tube will loosen it up and make it last twice as long. Also, try soaking the tube in a cup of hot water to loosen the clumps. And in the event you’ve already applied your mascara before realizing it was clumpy, brush your lashes with a dry toothbrush to get rid of the clumps.
- Sometimes applying your mascara can be tricky, especially trying to get it on those smaller, finer hairs at the inner corner. To make it a bit easier on yourself, bend the wand at the brush. It will be easier to hold and navigate towards the inner corners of your eyes.
- To produce a cleaner application, wipe off any excess mascara onto a sheet of tissue paper before applying.
- For thicker lashes, coat both sides of your lashes with mascara. First the top, then the underside. You can also use a little powder between the first and second applications to give your lashes a fuller look. Tip: holding the wand horizontally while applying will give your lashes a thicker look while holding it vertically gives you a more natural look.
- For a longer lasting finish, use regular mascara first, then coat it with waterproof mascara.
- And finally, wiggle the brush at the base of the lashes before sweeping it towards the tips. This helps separate the lashes and gives a fuller and more luscious look overall.