A #1 go-to homemade lip gloss is this honey shine we’ve created. It not only shimmers and smells brilliant, but you know it’s good for your lips and has no hidden chemicals! Paraben free, preservative free, and made with love we’re sure.
Honey Lip Gloss in 6 simple steps:
1. Take one spoonful of local honey and one spoonful of Un-Petroleum and mix them together in a bowl. Un-Petroleum is an alternative to Vaseline and is much healthier than traditional petroleum jelly – either will help aid in the moisturizing, soft feel of the gloss, and provide a lip perfect consistency
2. Melt the mixture in the microwave. Be careful not to overdo it! The best technique is to microwave it for short bursts at a time, perhaps 10 seconds, and mix well in between. Microwave until melted evenly.
3. In a separate bowl take one spoon of vanilla extract. This is to make your lip gloss smell irresistible! If you’re not a fan of vanilla, another flavoring will work just as well. Get creative!
4. Take your vanilla extract (or another base flavor) and add some strawberry and mango essence. A few drops will be plenty. Also flavors or essences you can change up and get creative on, based off your mood and/or personal flavor preferences.
5. Combine the bowl of flavoring to the Vaseline and honey mixture and mix them thoroughly so that they blend into one smooth gloss.
6. Once mixed, pour your new lip gloss into a container and keep it in the fridge for at least half an hour before you first use it. Then you can start wearing your new gloss!
This is the best at home remedy for your luscious lips! You are guaranteed to walk away feeling satisfied, oh so crafty, and ready to share the love. Whether it’s giving a good-bye side smooch to a friend, lip locking with someone more special, or giving it away as a gift, it’s a win-win spin on lip gloss!