WHAT ARE LIP FILLERS?
You either love or hate the trend of fuller, more luscious lips. Either way, let’s explore this fascination of lip fillers, which are injections into the lip area to augment the fullness of your lips. The most common method happens to involve the use of dermal fillers that are administered through injections. It’s now time to pucker up because we are about to sail into new waters here and you better stay afloat.
Types of Lip FillersThere are various types of dermal fillers that can be used around your mouth and on the lips. The most popular ones today are fillers that are similar to hyaluronic acid. The acid is a natural substance that is present in the body, and it aids in enhancing the volume in your lips. Here are a couple types.
- Juvederm or Vycross – These 2 types of hyaluronic acid are preferred to Restylane. They are natural and can be reversed if necessary.
- Fat Injections – In this lip augmentation procedure, the surgeon harvests fat from the patient’s body through liposuction or excision. The specialist then injects the fat or places it surgically on the lips. The results of this type of lip filler vary, and there is a high risk of side effects.
How Are Injectable Lip Fillers Administered?Since lips are a sensitive part of the body, there needs to be the use of a local anaesthetic to keep the area numb. The lip fillers are then injected carefully into the lip to add volume, shape or structure to them. They can even turn the corner of your mouth more upwards. The effects may last for approximately six months, so get ready to do it again if you want to maintain your look.
After treatment, it is normal to experience some mild side effects.
Are There Any Side Effects?
- Swelling and bruising (this will happen)
- Redness and tenderness where the injections were administered (very common)
- Bleeding due to the injections
The success of the procedure is highly reliant on the skills of the professional you hire. Take time to look for a doctor with appropriate experience and qualifications. Don’t be afraid to ask for references and to view before and after photos. If you go for it please share your results.
Read more at our FIXY makeup repair kit blog.